Michael N Charlton Optometrists
In this very difficult time our biggest concern is to keep all our patients and staff fit and well.
Following Welsh Government guidelines, we have to change the way we work during the Coronavirus crisis. All our staff are staying safe at home.
Michael and Sally will keep the practice open, so long as we are fit and well. All routine examinations have been suspended.
If you require emergency or essential eyecare then please ring 01348 873234.
Most problems can be dealt with over the phone but if Michael needs to see you certain criteria need to be met:
- Firstly have you got any symptoms of the virus? A persistent cough, temperature or shortness of breath? Please do not come to the practice. Telephone for advice.
- Secondly are you living with or in contact with anyone with these symptoms? Please do not come to the practice. Telephone for advice.
- If, following your telephone call, we advise you to visit the practice an appointment time will be agreed. We have a closed door policy and only one person will be allowed in at a time.
If you have queries regarding spectacle or contact lens collections, please ring us, we may be able to deliver or post them to you.
Our phone line will be manned between 9am – 4pm each weekday.
At other times our answering machine will give an out of hours number to contact.
Please stay safe everyone. We are here to help and we look forward to seeing you again as things get back to normal.
Our optometrists will provide you with honest advice during a comprehensive eye examination, whether private or NHS funded. We offer more than just a ‘sight test’ because every examination includes an assessment of your ocular and general health. Your optometrist will discuss the results of your consultation and the implications with you. The Wales Assembly Government accredits our optometrists to their highest standards.
For those patients who are physically unable to attend our practice, we offer a home visiting service* (*Home visits will not be available during the Covid-19 pandemic).
Our dispensing opticians will advise on all aspects of spectacle lens design and frame characteristics and will oversee the ordering and fitting of new spectacles.
We have the benefit of experienced, friendly and well-trained support staff, some of whom are first language welsh speakers.
As a local practice we feel we understand the requirements of our patients and aim to provide value for money eyecare and eyewear solutions, without the need for offers or gimmicks.
Your eyesight is very precious; let us help you to look after it
- Complete eye examinations, NHS or privately funded.
- OCT the latest eye scanning technology
- Specialised examinations including digital fundus photography and visual field assessments
- Professional advice, supply and fitting of a wide range of spectacle frames and lenses
- Accredited by the Wales Eye Care Service
- Contact lens fitting and aftercare
- Soft Daily wear, frequent replacement, extended wear contact lenses
- Gas permeable (GP) lenses
- Lenses for astigmatism and presbyopia
- Specialist advice for those with low vision. We are accredited by the Wales Low Vision Service
- Advice on the use of computer equipment
- Dyslexia advice including coloured overlays and colourimetry