Michael N Charlton Optometrists
Following Welsh Government guidelines, we have changed the way we work during these difficult times. Our biggest concern is to keep our patients and staff fit and well.
Our practice is open and all the team is back in work. We continue to operate a locked door policy so that we can monitor the number of people in the building. We have an appointment system for every interaction with members of the public. This is to keep you and our staff safe and we have a permanent record of these interactions, if needed.
Every member of staff is wearing PPE and we ask that you wear a face mask when entering the practice.
If, after booking an appointment, you have any symptoms of COVID19, or if you are contacted by Track, Trace and Protect, advise us immediately so that we can postpone your appointment.
Symptoms may include:
- A persistent cough
- A fever
- Loss of taste and/or smell
Let’s work together to keep everyone safe and well so that we can be here for you to look after your vision.
It is with heavy heart that we have taken the decision to permanently close our branch practice at Ty Eirvil, St Davids.
We were unable to make the premises COVID19 secure. With the continued pandemic we felt it best for everyone’s safety to not reopen after the second lockdown. We have much more space in our Fishguard practice with room to social distance, maintain fresh air flow and see patients in a clean, safe environment.
We would be pleased to see you in Fishguard. We arrange every visit to the practice by appointment, even for small repairs and adjustments. Please ring us on 01348 873234.
Our optometrists will provide you with honest advice during a comprehensive eye examination, whether private or NHS funded. We offer more than just a ‘sight test’ because every examination includes an assessment of your ocular and general health. Your optometrist will discuss the results of your consultation and the implications with you. The Wales Assembly Government accredits our optometrists to their highest standards.
For those patients who are physically unable to attend our practice, we offer a home visiting service* (*Home visits will not be available during the Covid-19 pandemic).
Our dispensing opticians will advise on all aspects of spectacle lens design and frame characteristics and will oversee the ordering and fitting of new spectacles.
We have the benefit of experienced, friendly and well-trained support staff, some of whom are first language welsh speakers.
As a local practice we feel we understand the requirements of our patients and aim to provide value for money eyecare and eyewear solutions, without the need for offers or gimmicks.
Your eyesight is very precious; let us help you to look after it
- Complete eye examinations, NHS or privately funded.
- OCT the latest eye scanning technology
- Specialised examinations including digital fundus photography and visual field assessments
- Professional advice, supply and fitting of a wide range of spectacle frames and lenses
- Accredited by the Wales Eye Care Service
- Contact lens fitting and aftercare
- Soft Daily wear, frequent replacement, extended wear contact lenses
- Gas permeable (GP) lenses
- Lenses for astigmatism and presbyopia
- Specialist advice for those with low vision. We are accredited by the Wales Low Vision Service
- Advice on the use of computer equipment
- Dyslexia advice including coloured overlays and colourimetry